Below are the house rules we’ll be using for the Shadowrun campaign.
We use the following Rulebooks:
Shadowrun 5th Edition (SR5)
Run and Gun (RG) – the Shadowrun Combat Handbook
We’ll be using the following optional rules:
- Extra dice will be awarded to players who describe their actions in colourful & inventive ways
- When Edge is spent for extra dice, you only get dice equal to your current unspent Edge points, rather than your full Edge attribute. (So if your starting Edge is 4, and you’ve used Edge twice in the session, you only get 2 bonus dice)
- I’ll allow Edge to be used to buy an Automatic hit… or you can roll. How lucky do you think you are?
- You can buy temporary Edge at the rate of 3 Karma per point (to your maximum) If you spend Karma this way, once it is gone, it is gone.
- Edge normally refreshes at the end of a story arc, or when I award Edge back to you. (Usually, you’ll get 1 point of Edge back a session)
- Gremlins reduce the number of 1′s rolled to induce a glitch with technology. Bad Luck reduces the number of 1′s rolled to induce any glitch. Cursed reduces the number of 1′s rolled to induce a glitch with spells or magical abilities.
Players will receive:
- 1 Karma per game session (for being there)
- 1 to 5 Karma for each plot point/objective discovered or completed. Intelligence Gathering will net you these points, use your contacts, knowledge skills and investigative skills to get these. A lot of these do not have dice rolls for success required.
- 1 to 2 Karma for completing the job (bonus for staying under the radar)
- 1 to 2 Karma for teamwork
- bonus Karma for good Roleplay. Staying in character gets you bonus karma, asking me about bonus karma gets you negative karma.
- 1 karma for the funniest comment on the night (agreed by everyone)
There are Karma Penalties for derailing the game. I’m giving players 30 mins of game derailment as a freebie.
Every 10 minutes (roughly, each player gets -1 Karma based on stuff that’s our fault.) I will reset the timer if I derail the game.
Bonus 3 Karma for using obsidian portal and updating journals. (use the adventure logs) a paragraph is all you need to get this Karma bonus.
Back to Main Page